Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Joy of Google

http://www.parvez-video.com/rumours.asp

So I spent more time working on my paper (thats due in a week) than my project that is due in like 5 weeks.
But Im hoping that I can get credit for this site.  It has to do with the Quran and what it dictates on rumors and the spreading of them.  Im using it in my paper, and if I can be clever enough maybe I can work the info into my outside reading.

My subject is on contemporary war in the middle east.  Im trying not to get too focused on the U.S occupation of Iraq (because turn on your TV or radio or read a newspaper and you're likely to have heard something about it...if not then ill assume you walk around with your eyes closed), but I did find a video on sale for 2 bucks about it and I thought "2 bucks! Netflix will cost me more"! So I bought it.
Its called "No end in Sight: Iraq's descent into chaos"  So whenever I get a free moment when im not doing something....yeah.  Ill watch it and let you know if it was worth the two dollar investment.  If not...anyone want to buy a great movie for $2.00?

On top of those thoughts, I found that when I type "contemporary war in the middle east" into google, it lets me know that the most important sites visited are those which discuss the U.S policy and approach to all wars ever created (whether they had anything to do with us or not).  Another popular trend seems to be the say how terrible our government is and how heartless we have all grown to be.  
These are all more things I would like to avoid because once again, get to any form of media and listen to a second and id bet that they are covering the same point.   Id like to present and be understood by a group or democrats, republicans, liberals, conservatives, christians, satanists, those of you who are apathetic and all of those in between.  And what does that entail?  
Paying close attention to the awareness and relativity of all that is going on, and all that is being covered.
More to come....

1 comment:

  1. I checked out the site you suggested about rumors in Islam -- provides a great contrast to what we see in _Aunt Safiyya_ doesn't it?

    [Use the link button in the editing window and make the link a live one!]

    ReplyDelete